OTTAWA, July 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — New polling data commissioned by CIRA signifies that the COVID-19 pandemic has introduced transformative, lasting change to Canadians’ use of the web. Having been pressured to earn a living from home, many individuals now say they wish to proceed doing so. Among the many many adjustments, greater than a 3rd of these surveyed say they’d refuse jobs with employers who don’t allow digital work.
Whereas it’s no shock that most individuals spent extra time on-line on this previous 12 months, with large will increase in the usage of digital conferences and on-line providers (half acquired on-line medical look after the primary time), they don’t appear to be sick of it, as a majority say they don’t plan to unplug extra typically post-pandemic. On the similar time, many are troubled by the dangers of on-line harassment.
Fb stays by far the most well-liked social media platform, however Canadians have decidedly combined emotions about it. Greater than 4 in 10 Canadians really feel Fb is essentially the most poisonous social media web site, and 36 per cent say it’s the most addictive. Just one in 10 of the individuals surveyed say Fb is essentially the most optimistic web site or app they use.
Whereas giants akin to Amazon have prospered, seven in 10 of the individuals surveyed mentioned they like to buy on-line with Canadian retailers. Consequently, small companies on this nation shortly pivoted to ascertain an internet presence which led to an enormous improve in .CA area registrations. .CA domains registrations jumped from 2.eight million in March 2020—when the pandemic started—to over 3.1 million registrations a 12 months later.
“The pandemic challenged Canadians to adapt, to embrace know-how as a means of dealing with a as soon as in a lifetime public well being emergency,” mentioned Byron Holland, president and CEO, CIRA. “Canada’s Web Factbook reveals us that it introduced profound adjustments in attitudes and that there’s no going again. We hope our report gives useful perception for employers, decision-makers and all of us as we transition right into a post-COVID restoration.”
- Whereas many employers plan to re-open their places of work, many Canadians choose to work from home. Thirty-six per cent of survey respondents say they’d be unwilling to work for a company that doesn’t additionally enable for distant work.
- Greater than six in ten Canadians report that their display screen time has elevated in the course of the pandemic, with 62 per cent saying their youngsters’s display screen time has additionally elevated.
- Half (49 per cent) of Canadians acquired medical care on-line for the primary time for the reason that pandemic started.
- Greater than half of us additionally attended some form of digital occasion for the primary time (55 per cent), with birthday events, vacation dinners, and train courses being the most typical.
- The pandemic has elevated Canadians’ web obsession, as lower than half of Canadians (43 per cent) plan to unplug from the net extra typically as soon as the pandemic is over.
- Ordering meals on-line has seen a giant improve. One in 4 Canadians says they’re ordering residence meals supply extra continuously than earlier than the pandemic started.
- Whereas many Canadians turned to social media to remain linked in the course of the pandemic, one-third reported feeling involved about on-line harassment. Ladies have been extra seemingly than males to really feel involved about being harassed, with 39 per cent saying so in comparison with 29 per cent of males.
About Canada’s Web Factbook
CIRA developed Canada’s Internet Factbook 2021 by an internet survey performed by The Strategic Counsel. The aim of CIRA’s analysis is to establish tendencies in Canadian web use. A complete of two,022 grownup Canadians (18+) took the survey, performed in March 2021. The survey pattern is weighted proportionate to inhabitants by province. It’s also proportionate by age and by gender. The place percentages are used to signify the survey, responses don’t add as much as precisely 100%, it is because of rounding. Yow will discover the total survey outcomes here.
CIRA (The Canadian Web Registration Authority) manages the .CA top-level area on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA additionally develops applied sciences and providers—akin to CIRA DNS Firewall and CIRA Canadian Protect—that assist help its aim of constructing a trusted web for Canadians. CIRA workforce operates one of many fastest-growing nation code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance international DNS community, and one of many world’s most superior back-end registry options.
Public Affairs Supervisor, CIRA